Metochi of Konstamonitou Monastery(Kastamonitiko)
It was founded in 1420 according to the gold bullion of John V the Palaiologos. In the first Ottoman years around 1430 the metochi of Tripotamos was created. In 1478 its borders were secured with an imperial gold bullion of John V Palaiologos. It is a large complex, the most characteristic example of popular shareholder architecture, a complete monastic structure.
Architectural: Heavy square and rectangular volumes with four-pitched roofs, and square stone-built chimneys. Exterior walls 70cm thick. stone - mud-built with wood bindings (pine-chestnut wood). With asymmetrical window openings and single-leaf doors.
Perimeter buildings according to the standards of Mount Athos, in the middle orchard, in the center well. Oven outside. Next to the olive mill they stored wood and cooked there. In 1945 the church burned down completely and was not rebuilt. Until 1970, workers worked in the metochi and lived in its huts
Moutsopoulos, Professor of Polytechnic School of Thessaloniki
Papagelos Ioakim, Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities
Drawings from the Μetochi as it used to be (Information Prof. Moutsopoulos Polytechnic School of Thessaloniki and Ioak. Papagelos, Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities)